M/Y Radiant ex. Darius | 2009 | 110m-361ft | Luerssen
Marbella June 29th 2012.
The 110 meter “M/Y Radiant” Super Yacht owned by the Al Futtaim family from the United Arab Emirates, is currently in the bay outside Puerto Banus.
The yacht was ordered by Russian Oligarch Boris Berezovsky, who sold the build contract for £ 217.000.000.Before it was finished via Edmiston in 2008, that happened before delivery of the yacht in 2009 from the German ship yard Luerssen.
The sale went to court as Boris Berezovsky refused to pay Edmiston´s agents fee. In court it was revealed that the 110m motor yacht Darius, which was designed by Tim Heywood, was sold for over Euro 240 million, making it the most expensive brokerage sale ever.
Speculation about the ownership of the Cayman island registered yacht in the name of ”Alf Marine International Ltd” are still going on as Abdullah Al Futtaim , could have sold it to the Al-Thani family, who are building a new marina in Marbella.The more the yacht will be in the Malaga-Marbella area, the more likely it is that the Al-Thani family, indeed are the 3rd owner.
The luxury yacht, named Radiant, was forced to dock in Malaga as it was just too large for Puerto Banus, where the owner had planned to dock.
About: Abdullah Al Futtaim
The group was founded in the 1930s and expanded rapidly in the 1940s and 1950s becoming an integrated commercial, industrial, and services organisation.
The Al-Futtaim family split its business interests in 2000 with Abdulla Al Futtaim controlling the automotive and mainly retail business, and his cousin Majid controlling a property development business (now known asMajid Al Futtaim Group).
Al-Futtaim Group employs over 30,000 people and operates eight divisions comprising automotive, electronics, insurance, services, real estate, retail, industries, and overseas.The Chairman is Abdulla Al Futtaim and the CEO was Robert Willettuntil he suddenly resigned in January 2011.
- Al-Futtaim Motors Co. LLC (exclusive distributor of Toyota, Lexus, Toyota Forklift, BT and Hino Trucks in the UAE)
- Al-Futtaim Trading Enterprises Co. LLC (exclusive distributor of Jeep, Dodge,Chrysler, Volvo and other)
- Al Futtaim Honda
- Al-Futtaim Auto & Machinery Co. LLC (Exclusive distributor of Volvo Trucks and Volvo Heavy machinery / Construction equipment, and other allied machinery for construction, transport, warehousing applications)
- Al-Futtaim Electronics Co. LLC
- Al-Futtaim Panatech Co. LLC (exclusive distributor of Panasonic in the UAE)
- Al-Futtaim Technologies Co. LLC
- Al-Futtaim Engineering CO. LLC
- Al Futtaim Exova LLC
- Al Futtaim Logistics
- Al Futtaim Travel
- GMASCO (Advertising)
- Ace Hardware Al Futtaim Group LLC (UAE franchise of ACE Hardware)
- Al-Futtaim Watches & Jewellery Co. LLC
- Dubai Festival City
- IKEA UAE – Al-Futtaim
- Crowne Plaza Dubai
- Intercontinental Dubai
- Al Futtaim Capital
- Al Futtaim Willis
Al Futtaim Group Real Estate
- Main investments are the three Festival City Centres in Dubai, Cairo and Doha
+34 637 97 37 42